Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Back in my apartment days . . .

. . . I encountered everything from "quiet freak" neighbors that couldn't tolerate ANY sound in the building, and were always calling the cops with noise complaints about other people's sound that was WELL within the legal limits, to some noyz boyz who blasted hard rock, whooped, hollered, and thumped on the walls until 3 o'clock every morning.

With the former around, I wound up using headphones a lot. With the latter, I had to fight fire with fire. Found a record at the Goodwill that had "Sounds of the Drag Strip" on Side 1 and "Demolition Derby" on side 2, and another called "Swiss Yodel Party." Those became my standard 6 AM fare when I had to get up, with 3 hours of sleep, and get ready for work.

In my current house, no problems. I can listen at reasonable volumes, the neighbors don't hear me, I can't hear them. Most of the noise issues involve neighbors working in their yards with noisy power tools (limited to weekends) and the occasional drive-by rap attack from a passing thumpmobile.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.