Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

You've got problems with your DNS

I was unable to browse to your site. After some quick research, I found the problem. Your domain is delegated to:

AUTH1.NEXTLEVELINTERNET.COM
AUTH2.NEXTLEVELINTERNET.COM
AUTH3.NEXTLEVELINTERNET.COM

This NS (name server) does not return any responses reliably (times out/does not reply):

dig A @auth3.nextlevelinternet.com audioasylum.com

(the same goes for the other 2 name servers). Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I can successfully do digs against other root name servers (4.2.2.2, 8.8.8.8, yalumba.connect.com.au) etc.

furthermore, it seems that you have cached DNS for this domain - ns1.audioasylum.com etc.

dig ns @4.2.2.2 audioasylum.com

I presume that you're moving from one DNS server to another, and I can also see that the TTL was still set to the default 86400 seconds:

dig @auth2.nextlevelinternet.com +nocmd audioaslyum.com \ +noall +answer

probably should have been set to the min TTL as per RFC standards for a TLD (top level domain) - 5 minutes/300 seconds before any migration so as to not cause issues with visitors...

I got around this by hard setting my hosts file to point to the A record for your domain, but a lesser technically knowledgeable person would have had issues...

Just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers,

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - You've got problems with your DNS - mrtheoden 21:09:54 04/13/12 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.