I just got done waiting over a minute for a page to finish loading and it didn't. I reloaded the page and it finally finished after about ten seconds. The thing gets wedged waiting for ad pictures to load. This behavior has been occurring to some extent from the time they were added, as it were...
I'm guessing it's a resizing, buffering or indexing thing as I THINK that once the picture has loaded then it's OK from then on. I suspect that it's at your end since I've never seen this behavior elsewhere.
Gotta tell you I don't even want the damn ads and having them bog down the operation really sucks. I've never used Audiogon but I do look at the classifieds at AA from time to time. There is a huge difference between seeking out items of interest and having ads in your face. No, I don't watch TV but I do enjoy AA and I would hate to see Audiogon's problems destroy the nature of this site in an attempt to capture that channel. But I'm all for having more gear for sale in the classifieds!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The Ad. Pictures are problamatic. - rick_m 09:31:20 02/13/12 (9)
- RE: The Ad. Pictures are problamatic. - Ciscokid 17:48:26 02/29/12 (0)
- RE: The Ad. Pictures are problamatic. - noway 09:32:05 02/23/12 (0)
- Image serving has always been ungodly slow - J.Mac 11:48:34 02/14/12 (6)
- RE: Image serving has always been ungodly slow - Rod M 18:30:41 03/09/12 (5)
- RE: Image serving has always been ungodly slow - J.Mac 18:38:27 03/09/12 (4)