Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

If you are worried about Malwarebytes or the SuperAntiSpyware scanners don't be, both companies are

legitimate, no hidden agenda to the programs. Even some Microsoft techs recommend using Malwarebytes and at one time, or so I've been told, its code was part of BestBuy's “in house use only” MRI CD, used to disinfect customer PCs brought in to the BestBuy “Geek Squad”.

For complete instructions on disinfecting any PC, I recommend the MajorGeeks.com site FAQ. It will walk anyone through it step by step. Link follows;
MajorGeeks Malware Removal/Cleaning Procedure

And, for a list of “rogue” or fake antivirus, anti-malware programs see;
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products

I can say I've dealt with recalcitrant PCs since the Radio Shack TRS 80 days and DOS tapes up to today's Windows 8, Ubuntu and OpenBSD, multi-core cpu, dual video card HDMI multi-display systems. I've always done my own tech support including building the PCs, installing multi-boot operating systems and repairing them when they crash or break. Really the hard part of it is first determining if one is dealing with a hardware or software issue. You'd be surprised how often a problem is due to an aging power supply or bad ram. Not to mention when someone rips loose a USB peripheral and damages the socket and laptops really get the usb sockets damaged often. A pain to solder a new one in but not as much of a hassle as solder wicking an HDMI socket.

PS. another good site one might take a look at for PC issues is bleeping computer;

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.