I ran a free security sweep recommended by someone on the General Asylum today. Now I'm getting a "pop-up" bar and an alarm tone whenever I open a new Asylum page.
The screen shot is reduced via posting, so the warning may not be legible. If so, the warning reads: "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked the website from displaying content with security certificate errors. Click here for options..."
Could this be the supposedly free anti-spyware program has done something, or is this a legitimate alert?
Update: I discovered that signing in to my Asylum account eliminates the warnings. But I frequently visit the Asylum without signing in, and this issue didn't begin until yesterday.
Edits: 02/09/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Asylum security warning? - 1973shovel 00:13:41 02/09/12 (5)
- It's not us.... - Rod M 17:07:32 02/09/12 (1)
- I believe you! - 1973shovel 05:10:20 02/10/12 (0)
- If you are worried about Malwarebytes or the SuperAntiSpyware scanners don't be, both companies are - cfb 08:59:47 02/09/12 (2)
- Thanks - 1973shovel 04:58:17 02/10/12 (1)
- You're welcome I hope it helped, computer issues can be vexing at times. - cfb 09:00:29 02/10/12 (0)