Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

RE: What is the process for fixing the "bad email" message?

The reason behind this message is that over the years, a lot of people have changed ISPs or email addresses and have not updated their profiles with the change. As a result, I'd been getting an increasingly large number of bounced emails in my in-box. While most of the problems are 550 errprs, user not found, some are due to full mailboxes or other random errors or the ISP doesn't like us and thinks the emails are spam or whatever.

I don't know why you got on the list, but I removed your email from the bounce list, so you won't get the message any more or at least after the cache gets refreshed. Then we'll see if the email bounces again.

BTW: You don't need to enter your email address when you post. If you want to receive emails when your post gets a response, you can set this option in your profile and the system will use the email in your profile. If people want to email you, the same applies and your moniker will link to the Asylum emailer. This also avoids typos in email addresses which are a major reason that I get bounces. One aol user can't seem to ever type theor email address correctly, there are 6 varations of that #^$&*# on the list.

-Rod

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What is the process for fixing the "bad email" message? - Rod M 08:23:43 03/08/09 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.