Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Classifieds

To reiterate a few observations that I think I may have posted earlier, and to add one or two more:

The format within the ad with all the pertinent information at the bottom is strange and not very user friendly. Take a hint from eBay or A-gon. Maybe there's some info, such as some shipping details, that you can reasonably keep at the bottom, but too much of this information is very important and should be up top.

A little styling would go a LONG way. The underscores on links are the first thing that should go. They make reading the lists difficult. The bold links serve no purpose, but they do take up space. I notice that bold is only used within the category pages.

Outside of Craigslist, I think I could count on one hand the number of web sites still using a serifed font or the browser's default. Sans-serif fonts, such as Verdana or Arial are so much easier to read on a computer screen.

The 'big camera' is fugly and takes up more space than needed. How about a smaller camera immediately after the subject, where it's more easily associated with the ad? Link it into the ad - no reason not to, unless you maybe plan on one day having it pop up a photo set in its own window.

I think I'd shorten up the allowable subject line. Maybe by a lot.

In the lists that show the product category, link the category text to the category list.

I would prefer to see WTB and WTS ads in the same category listings. Have the user select WTB when posting a listing (by default, ads would be WTS), then display "WTB: -title-" for any wanted ads. The current structure pretty much guarantees that nobody is going to ever see the wanted listings.

I haven't posted any ads, but did look at the form. Does the Brand/Model/Title format serve a purpose? Seems restrictive to me.

The 'location' could be filled in using the location on file for the user's account, but allow it to be edited. It's more important for a classified ad than for general purpose, so maybe someone would want to change their 'United States' to 'Detroit'. This is particularly important for anyone suggesting local pickup. There are any number of reasons why the location might be different. Selling something for your brother-in-law, for instance, or selling the speakers you left at home when you were transferred to Saudi Arabia.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Classifieds - J.Mac 17:14:00 12/02/08 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.