Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

RE: What don't you like about the interface?

I don't want to upset the designers of the site, but there are so many ways it could be improved. I'll try to keep this brief, but there's a lot to talk about.

I'll start with the forums.

There needs to be more space between each thread. It's too dense with lines stacked on top of each other making it hard to read. People want to browse quickly and jump in when something grabs their attention. They don't want to read every line. Even Craigslist does a better job with breathing room and space. This is my biggest gripe with the site. It's way too dense. Our eyes need space to understand what we're looking at. Scrolling is much more ergonomic than squinting.

The navigation is a mess. Make it simple to understand.

If you start on the home page and click into the "General" forum, you'll see a load of navigation at the top. If you click into the first thread, the navigation completely disappears. That's disorienting. How do I get back to the home page from there? Navigation needs to be consistent. I also question whether FAQ, News, and Events are important enough to put at the top of every page. How often are people using those links?

Make the navigation abbreviations understandable. Do we really need to break out all the categories so they appear at the top of every page? A newbee will have no idea what these mean (hell, I don't know what some of the them mean):

[ SET ] [ OTL ] [ Hi-Rez ] [ DVD-A ] [ Iso ] [ Prop Head ] [ T 2 ] [ Shady ]

When you click into a forum, there should be a brief description. What is Propeller Head Plaza? Describe it.

Do we really need direct links to [ Music ] [ Hip Pop ] [ Rock ] on every page? Why not simplify with [ Music ] and then link to [ Hip Pop ] and [ Rock ] on the Music page? Categories need to be condensed to reduce the clutter.

The classifieds need help.

Get rid of the seller's name on the listing page. You don't need that info until you get inside the ad. Make it look clean... something like this:

Equitech Q1000 Power Conditioner $1,200.00 10/05
Synergistic Research Tesla Precision Reference 8 ft. pr $1,800.00 10/05

Allow pictures with the ads and include basic things like:

- price when new
- number of times viewed
- shipping calculator

Encourage people to use the Feedback system. Right now, it's utterly useless. People would be more willing to buy and sell if they could see something about previous transactions. You'd have a community that trusted each other. This is a glaring hole.

I could go on, but I'll stop here.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.