Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

A button or sidebar on individual forums?

Philosophically we all are supposed to understand and respect the separation of "buy/sell/trade" from the general content of each forum and I'm all for that. I don't want to have to filter ads out from the flow of discussions. However, and this is a big one, I bet it would help the classifieds, and therefore any and all who ever buy, sell, or trade, if there could be a more direct way to link ads to an individual forum. Suppose for example that at the moment there is a discussion about a particular "vintage" speaker going on and I have a pair available at a fair price and would like to let participants know. I can post a classified but as the system currently is set up and under-utilized no one will necessarily figure that out. There isn't even a vintage category, is there? I haven't necessarily come up with the solution yet but you're asking..... Maybe when an ad is placed the seller could choose one or two forums to link and each forum could then have a sidebar with the last two days targeted ads available. Some of us declare ourselves to be non-commercial purists but unless you're either done and happy with a lifetime system, dead poor, or lucky enough to have just what you need handed over for free just when you want it we all buy, sell, and trade, right?
W

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • A button or sidebar on individual forums? - Topper 17:37:15 10/04/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.