Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Email subscriptions should be to threads, not individual messages

I've never seen a forum where you're only subscribed to replies to only your own posts. All of the other forums I participate in will subscribe you to the thread, so that any replies to the thread will trigger the email notice.

This is particularly weak when someone replies to someone who has replied to you. If that reply comes several days, or weeks after you've last visited the thread, chances are you'll never see the additional dialog, which could consist of many posts.

Either subscribe people to the thread, or else give the option of one or the other. I imagine under the current system, this would increase outgoing email notices considerably. Again, most systems cap the number of notices sent for any given thread, say no more often than one every 15 minutes, so that you're not notified about every single post.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Email subscriptions should be to threads, not individual messages - J.Mac 10:46:26 05/26/06 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.