Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Re: Email - Did you just goose Eugene?

Yeah, Eugene is still getting hung on spammers with bad return addys periodically. It seems unpredictable, fine for weeks, then it'll hang several days in a row and need the service restarted to clear it. Once I get done with some db cleanup and porting some code, I'm going to move mail back to another server and/or change email packages.

AOL is still a problem because they flagged us as a spammer for some idiotic reason. Calls to them to fix it go into a black hole. It's another on my to do list. As to the return addy, that's a profile issue. The way it works now is if you accept mail from anyone, then it uses your email addy as the reply to and from. If you set your profile to accept mail from members only, it will use noreply@audioasylum.com as the reply to and from. The thought being that if you accept email from anyone, then you're not concerned about hiding your email addy.

For an auto-reply message, it should always use the requester as the from, I think as I don't want to get all the bounced emails. If not, let me know and I'll change that.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Email - Did you just goose Eugene? - Rod M 09:20:02 09/17/05 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.