Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

Email - Did you just goose Eugene?

I just got a flood of Asylum notification messages from the past three or four days. Did you get out the Roto-Rooter and bust up a blockage in the system?

Do you realize that your MTA is sending delivery failure messages to inmates when AOL rejects something from your server? Why is the FROM address of email notifications using the inmate's email address? These messages shouldn't be configured so that they can be replied to. And I would assume many people don't want their email address exposed anyway. Very unusual for a message board these days.

The following was delivered to me at the same time I received all of the notifications.

Received: from eugene.audioasylum.com (unverified [64.154.93.250]) by xxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx
(Rockliffe SMTPRA 4.5.6) with ESMTP id for ;
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 20:48:59 -0600
Received: by eugene.audioasylum.com (Worldmail 1.3.167); 9 Sep 2005 19:51:42 -0700
Subject: Delivery Status Notification
To: xxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
Date: 9 Sep 2005 19:51:42 -0700
Message-ID: <43224984000001C5@eugene.audioasylum.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Multipart/Report; report-type=delivery-status; boundary="=========431CC38900000FC9/eugene.audioasylum.com"

----- The following recipients were processed by MTA eugene.audioasylum.com ...

mkuller@aol.com; Action: Failed; Status: 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)
Remote MTA mailin-04.mx.aol.com: network error

----- Message SMTP Diagnostic: 554-: (HVU:B1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html\r\n554 TRANSACTION FAILED

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Email - Did you just goose Eugene? - James L 20:44:27 09/09/05 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.