Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

What a black hole!!

I'm working on it. You have to call an 800 number and talk to someone that hasn't got a clue. After 10 minutes, they understand that you don't have a screen name and that they need to find the right form and give it to someone else. 30 minutes later, I got a case number and a promise that someone would call me, yeah right!

It could require pressure from AOL users to resolve this. I don't have a clue as to why we're on their hit list. We don't send anything to anyone except notices of new posts if they've requested it. What I've seen in the past is that many users are stupid and they forget that they asked for the email and then they blame us for spamming them. If they read the email, maybe they'd get it, if they could read. Oh, they're on a computer, geez, they must be able to read, perhaps comprehension is their problem.

My only other guesses are that we've had some folks attempt to scam people via the Classifeds and I've also been getting some phishing virus from a DSL user that is either stupid and using his own computer to do this or has gotten a trojan that's using his computer for email. That one is also spoofing the sending domain in the header:

Received: from audioasylum.com (69.167.49.149) by eugene.audioasylum.com (Worldmail 1.3.167) for web@audioasylum.com; 11 Aug 2005 08:23:06 -0700
Message-ID: <42FA29B500000842@eugene.audioasylum.com> (added by eugene.audioasylum.com)
To: me
Subject: Warning Message: Your services near to be closed.
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:26:43 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0011_5E7B5365.BA11E05E"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Spambayes-Classification: spam
X-Spambayes-MailId: 1123774857

Dear Audioasylum Member,

Your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of unsolicited spam messages during the recent week. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and confirm the attached document so you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to cancel your membership.

Virtually yours,
The Audioasylum Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus found
+++ Audioasylum Antivirus - www.audioasylum.com

important-details9.zip

------------------------------------------------

The zip file is typical of a virus infection attempt. It looks like it's an html page, but they added spaces to hide that it ends as a .src which is a virus infection program. I'd think that AOL would be aware of this virus running around as I suspect it's also being used on other domains like Audiogon or Audioreview etc. Unless of course, someone has it in for us and is doing it only agasint AA.

Anyway, I'll follow up Monday with AOL when I don't hear from them and try to get this resolved.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.