Home Asylum Feedback/Support

Audio Asylum feedback, support and feature wish list.

An idea on posting pix (and "dues")

Rod/Bored-

I post and contribute on a couple other sites as well as this, and both of them require either a minimum number of posts before a new member can post pics, or a certain length of time must pass before picture posting prividges are granted. For instance, see this site:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/index.php

When you register as a new user on this site you will immediately receive an email that states:

You will not be able to have access to the use of posting images until you have been at the forum for 30 days. We have done this to stop people signing up only to post inappropriate pictures.

Let me state that I am emphatically against censorship, but when I accidentally clicked on a certain "Easter" thread posted yesterday in General I was greeted with a picture that was considerably more than just a little tasteless.

Why can't you require the same procedure for posting pics here on AA? The only ones who will complain about it would most likely be the ones who wish to abuse the policy, and perhaps this way they would simply just go away. IMHO it would help to cut down on the sockpuppets as well, but that's a different issue altogether (requiring everyone to register).

Also (I just remembered this), how can I tell when my "dues" are due? I don't remember when I last contributed, and I don't think you have an automatic email program set-up to remind me/us. Is this soemthing that cam easily be accomplished?

Thanks for the consideration.

Jim
Audio Apprentice

"Free the Palmdale Two!"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - An idea on posting pix (and "dues") - subcoolman 12:30:43 03/28/05 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.