In Reply to: Latest thoughts on Filarmonia? posted by Ian Mackenzie on September 18, 2005 at 13:16:57:
No more further news to report... break-in was pretty uneventfull... I did not notice any gross changes in character though I did not do much serious listening during the first 40 or 50 hours of use.
Last week the amp worked very well while doing some comparison testing of a specially moded (by me) Capitole (Cryod tubes and cryo'd hovland caps vs Globe Audio SE mod which is cryo'd tubes and a thier coupling cap). I was clearly able to here the differences between the two players via the Filarmonia (Capitole to BAM to amp set-up) and the sound was always very engaging through the whole process.
Retailer & Audio Asylum Industry Liaison
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Latest thoughts on Filarmonia? - Ian Mackenzie 13:16:57 09/18/05 (9)
- Re: Latest thoughts on Filarmonia? - Pubul57 20:50:15 06/21/07 (1)
- RE: Re: Latest thoughts on Filarmonia? - Rich Brkich 07:50:30 06/22/07 (0)
- The Filarmonia needs almost 200 hours - ramallo 03:42:29 09/22/05 (1)
- Re: The Filarmonia needs almost 200 hours - Rich Brkich 08:33:47 10/03/05 (0)
- Re: Latest thoughts on Filarmonia? - Rich Brkich 08:32:52 09/21/05 (4)