Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

I'm coming to the same conclusion.

EBay is forcing me to take this record back. No explanation or rationale given, just "We've decided in favor of the buyer. When tracking shows you have your item back, you will be debited." We'll see what actually arrives in the mail. They're going to have to peel me off the ceiling if he sends me back a piece of garbage--I certainly don't expect eBay to compensate me if this turns out to be a total scam.

I got an email from another buyer yesterday who says his (formerly NM-) disc arrived totally trashed in Hong Kong. That disc was removed from the cover and shipped in a junk cover. I'm trying to get pics to figure out what went wrong there, but does it really matter? I'm going to be on the hook for that one too if the buyer decides I ought to be.

I don't have a problem with issuing returns to customers who have problems, but I expect a little dialogue from that person, not a couple of useless photos and sentence fragments demanding money. If I do something wrong, I want know what it was so I can learn and fix my problem. I tried to get some dialogue from the DSOTM buyer, but he refused to communicate anything at all other than that he wanted compensation for shipping damage. I would never go after a seller for something that's not their fault, but others seem to think the right thing to do is lay down and take it without any question.

IMO, eBay is setting themselves up for a wave of fraud by scam "buyers" with this policy. Of course, the risk to them (in the near term) is almost nil, so they probably don't care. I'm still mulling all this over, but I think it's probably time for me to walk away from eBay forever.

dh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I'm coming to the same conclusion. - D Harvey 09:20:15 07/05/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.