Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Bully eBay buyer--or am I crazy?

Unfortunately, Ebay is now mostly a buyer's haven. The Ebay money back guarantee rules are strongly in favor of the buyer and basically there is not much you can do about it.

Ebay has turned in to a bulk seller site, and anyone who sells vintage or individual items on the side is selling at their own risk.

The worst part about the money back guarantee is that the seller is on the hook for return shipping, and there is no refund of seller fees unless the transaction is actually cancelled.

I sold a tube once that tested barely marginal on my tester (very high end vintage tester), and I made it very clear in my listing that there was no guarantee, no refund and that my tester controlled in the event of a dispute of test results. The buyer did not like the test results he got on his tester, filed for a return and Ebay ruled in his favor. I called Ebay to complain based on the clear language of my listing, and the rep said I did as much as I could have done but the rules make the buyer king and there was nothing else I could do. They did, however, at least credit my seller's fees and return postage.

I would call Ebay and see if there is anything they can do for you (but I would not hold out too much hope).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.