Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: That was back in the dark ages.

Yup you are insane, I have never had to have a buyer release funds, never. A paypal or ebay hold are after the buyer files a complaint. You go on being insane, I have over 4,000 transactions on eBay and PayPal and never once has my money been held until the buyer gives his OK, never.

The only time PayPal holds your money are the following:

1. You're a new seller with PayPal. Once your identity is confirmed and you have built up a history of sales and happy customers, PayPal removes the holds.

2. You customers indicate issues about your selling performance. Peformance is based on your percentage of refunds, disputes and chargebacks compared to sales on your PayPal account. Working to prevent and resolve problems quickly will help you AVOID the delay in available funds.

3. There is a higher than average risk associated with your sales activity. Selling what PayPal considers high-risk items, like tickets, gift cards, computers, trave packages. Another example of high risk sales activity is a recent spike in sales or historical change in the average selling price or type of item being sold. High risk could also mean your account has suspicious account behavior or more likely to have disputes, claims, buyer chargeback or other reversals.

So in other words if you have a good record of selling, with few customer issues PayPal DOES NOT put a hold on your funds until the buyer gives his approval. I believe that most PayPal accounts fall into this category, but obviously your's does not so maybe you have some clean-up work to do.

Jeff
We’re Burning Daylight

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.