Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

EXorbitant Champlifier in Alameda, Ca

Will never go back , Curious to see if my review stays on Yelp especially.
Charged me $212 to replace 2 dial meter bulbs(solder the wires on) and a 6 inch length of wire were the parts compliment. An Accuphase T-100 tuner.. bottom cover plate comes off and tubes are right there staring at you. no digging no fuss. Ive done it before. let my guard down and took it into this shop. Lets face it,,even at today's prices that a $100 overcharged.. It's without a doubt a 20 minute job for a tech if that long. So, lets call it an hour. Beware anyone in the Bay Area. Its my fault really. Should of tried to get an estimate for the entire repair before it was done. The guy says he does not have an hourly rate. Had the nerve to tell me he took 2-3 hrs to do it. Just looking at him saying that I could tell he didnt believe it himself. My sense is this goes on quite a lot and most people wont complain. I am,, but then it doesnt get some money back. So at least I am putting it out there.
how about this as a analogy of sorts. Cost me 500 & change to get a complete overhaul/restoration on a MR74 from Absolute Sound Labs. Great work,, really friendly guy/great customer service. Authorized Mac tech,, etc. by that reference it would have cost $2k to have the same work done at CHAMPLIFIER. Actually would have been more I suspect.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - EXorbitant Champlifier in Alameda, Ca - skiroe 18:24:33 03/27/15 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.