Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Aural Thrills Amplifier Issue

I know this is an old post but I just have to report on something that happened today. I have one Tom's stereo 300B SET amplifiers on the bench, the outputs are out of phase, one of the primaries must be backwards. No big deal to use it that way IF you know that. I sent an email to Tom, his reply is that he no longer makes a 300B amplifier. I reply back to him that he could still tell me something about this situation, his reply is that amplifier is no longer supported. I really don't care if it's supported or not he could still answer a simple question. Inside this is one nasty looking amp, output cathode bypass capacitors are zip tied to the cathode resistors, he must own stock in capacitor company. I can barely squeeze 3 watts out of it before distortion on the scope is evident. B+ is around 370VDC and the output primary is 3K Ohms, pretty much a waste of a 300B if you ask me.

Craig

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.