Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor

I've been a customer of McAlister Audio some years ago. I bought him a DA-6 DAC and a EA-8 amplifier (more than $3000 for the total).
I had many problems with him. The amp made some horrible crackling, not the XLR input I wanted, the DAC had a problem of volume, bass, not the right color, the alimentation block shut down after a pair of days... I returned everything for warranty repair, and I nothing was corrected. Worse, the amp had a new balance problem.

And like you, everything was shipped in tomato/apple very poor package.
After months of battle and failed calls he accepted to refund me. I sent back everything.
I was never refund. I completely lost my money and since that day Peter was impossible to join.

I tried to contact some authorities but they were also unable to contact him. I would be very grateful if you read my message and tell me where you have been able to find some help and get back your money.

Best regards.
PS: please excuse me for my possible mistakes, I'm French.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.