Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Buyer beware - Music Hall turntables

Be aware of what may lay in in store for you if you purchase a Music Hall turntable.

Music Hall make a beautiful turntable, regardless of model, and must be a contender for the best value for money turntables on the market.

However, pray that you need no service or parts for any turntable you purchase, even when it is under warranty, for Music Hall's service is worse than abysmal.

I purchased an mmf-7 from a retailer in Australia, but have no problem with them.

As delivered the drive pulley had a small segment broken off it's periphery. This didn't stop me playing 33.1/3 rpm records but could have affected the playing of 45 rpm records. I asked the retailer to obtain a new drive pulley for me and they and the Australian importer have now been trying to do so for over eight months. I have attached below the gist of an email I finally sent to Music Hall in America about my concerns.

----- “I purchased an mmf-7 from “------” in Sydney and as delivered the drive pulley had a small segment broken off it's periphery, so I asked them to obtain a new one for me.

They have now been trying unsuccessfully for eight months to obtain a drive pulley from you. I know they have tried at least three times. I find this completely unacceptable. It is impossible that there is not a spare drive pulley available. If nothing else, I would expect you to rob a pulley off another drive motor.

I am only lucky that this does not prevent me using the turntable. What if someone had a problem under warranty which prevented the use of the turntable. Would they be expected to put up with having the turntable out of commission for eight months or longer?

A product sometimes lives or dies on the service provided for it. What is the use in having a brilliant product like yours if it is impossible to service it. I can see many being turned off Music Hall turntables for life if they experienced what I have.” -----

Music Hall have not bothered to reply to my email.

The problem is also not mine alone. The Australian importer advised me that they have 3 top end Music Hall turntables which arrived faulty or incomplete and despite repeated requests to Music Hall they have received no replies or help.
Ducatiman39

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Buyer beware - Music Hall turntables - Ducatiman39 15:45:19 02/22/13 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.