Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Let 's guess what transpired

I said I would advise all of the outcome. I do not want to malign Electrocompaniet as the EC1-MK5 is a very good sounding amplifier if you can live with the too bright blue power light which also flashes on & off in stand by mode. Unfortunately I have lost my Court Claim against NSS Ltd. With hindsight I should have let them repair it rather than insisting on an outright rejection as I am entitled to under UK Consumer law due to complete failure during first 10 days. As a long retired Hi-Fi manufacturer I was able to buy the amplifier at Trade price and could probably have sold it on. NSS Ltd have got my amplifier which they deny and as I have no receipt my claim was dismissed, however no order was made against me for costs.There has been a very long Court battle lasting approx I year due to IMO delaying tactics by NSS Ltd .They say they were unaware the amplifier had failed despite my informing them by recorded delivery mail & email. I originally obtained Judgement by Default but this was set aside because NSS Ltd claimed they had not received Court papers. At the first hearing the Judge said the service agent was not credible and Judge's last words to him before we left Court were you have the amplifier & the money. I immediately made application for a new hearing that has taken 5 months to come to Court., unfortunately a different Judge dismissed my case,when I protested because of the previous Judges comments she said nothing had been written down. So I have lost the amplifier which cost £1740 plus £500 in Court fees for being stupid enough to have left the amplifier at the service agents premises without getting a receipt.

Edits: 07/30/12 07/30/12 07/30/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.