Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Draw your conclusions..........

I've recently won a beocord 5000, (70's version, not 80's), for $51.16 including shipping.

The seller claimed to have tested the unit and all buttons as working.

It was DOA. Didnt' even power off. I sent an email, and she told me I had to press button harder with tape on. I did, still didnt' work, no, the outlet is not a problem, I already tested it.

Sent a second email, and she told me I had to unplug the cord with the deck off, and replug it and press on. I did, still didn't work.

Only button that works is eject.

At this point, she told me I could sent the deck back and she will reimburse me both for original shipping and the winning bid.

Now, this deck is pretty rare and so I don't want to send it back since I could use it a parts deck, still I would not have bid it to $51.16, had it been advertised as non-working parts deck.

Besides, she might not reimburse me and it could get 'lost' during transit or get damaged.

Question is .......should I

give her negative feedback?

or

give her neutral feedback?

or

give no feedback at all?

I am certainly not going to give her positive feedback, but she has had about 300 transactions and has 100% rating, and I don't really want to be the one to ruin her rating.

I will let you know who she is if I decided to give her either negative or neutral rating.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Draw your conclusions.......... - RedGrant 08:54:35 08/08/11 (28)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.