Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: Similar story......Not............

"I listed a preamp that should have sold for hundreds of dollars on Ebay. I mistakenly set it up as a BIN for $5.95, instead of an auction with $5.95 as the opening bid. (that's very easy to do on Ebay) A buyer snatched it up in five minutes, before I discovered my error."

Doesn't apply to my case. The nordost cable was on the list for 5 days, with a bidding war of about 12 bidding.

"I refused to sell the preamp for $5.95. Although I refunded his payment, he felt entitled to buy the unit for $5.95."

Let's get real, on ebay, many sellers list very expensive products for 99 cents to get cheaper listing fees.

"A reasonable buyer would have recognized that it was an error and let me out of the deal. He wanted to take advantage of my error to get something for nothing."

When air lines make mistakes by giving $1 round trip from LAX to NYC, they are obliged to honor the deal.

"He is now blocked from buying any of my listings."

Are you being reasonable? Because most buyers would have done the same in the same circumstance based on my experience.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Similar story......Not............ - RedGrant 14:55:34 07/27/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.