Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Headroom intl. shipping charge-based on falsehood?

I tried to purchase a Headroom Total Bithead amp-DAC from ebay.The things weighs 6 oz.I thought that shipping would be in the vicinity of 10-20$,which assumes a shipping weight of 1-2 lbs. sent via USPS.
They want 45$,claiming that:1)They have to make a special trip to the Post Office,and 2)shipping weight for this 6 oz. item is 5-6 lbs.
A short google search turns up that there are many reactions to the inflated shipping charges for intl. shipping of their items.
While I would expect their products to sound good and their shipping charges within the US to be reasonable as that is where most of their business comes from,can anyone chime in on whether this practice of overcharging for shipping,based on what I percaive to be a false assumption is as questionable as I consider it to be.?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Headroom intl. shipping charge-based on falsehood? - r17 00:43:31 11/05/10 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.