Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Are you thinking of the guy who dressed up as a priest

on Wieuca Road in a small office building?

He had all of this obscure Japanese gear I had never heard of. I figured it was the same stuff GI's returning from Vietnam bought at their base.

This fellow was a big supporter of Atlanta's revolution radio, WRFG. Always good for a chuckle.

I remember Mr. Kramer very well. Bought my first system from him; well, most of it. ALWAYS at full price. Used to dream of having giant BOZAKs though I had no place to put them.

Julian affectionately called him, "that crazy old Egyptian". He was gruff but lovable. He was always nice to me even though I was fifteen when I first went into the shop. Buying something did give you access.

My mind visualizes him spitting cigar bits on the floor. That is how I see him. I remember thinking my Mother would not approve ...

He was a MARANTZ man at heart, I beleive. I would have loved to see that house of his on Northside Drive. A "modern" house in Atlanta - he was one of the more interesting fellows I have ever known. And at that age he was bigger than life. The house burned down and all of his gear was lost. I do think he told me it was all MARANTZ golden-age stuff. Even a MARANTZ crossover.

For the life of me I do not remember DIRTY DON and I spent plenty of time in Buckhead. Did this last longer than a few months? Was he the priest guy?

I spent much too much of my youth in audio stores.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.