Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: "What needs to be done.....from his home state."

these comments are really kind of generic, and could apply to just about anybody doing business.
If you do business accross state lines and use the United States Postal System to conduct business; then you've entered into mail fraud. With that in mind is you paid for said service via a U.S. Postal money order you then have a second recourse to attain a solution to said problem(s). If you paid for the item with a credit card you can contact the credit card issuer, and seek restitution. But if you paid via Pay Pal you may or may not have an avenue to seek restitution (looks like it kind of depends on what kind of mood Pay Pal is in that day). If you happened pay for the service in cash, I'd say you probably just bought a lot of beer.
Being as the transaction might have crossed a state line; I suspect you have another way to attempt to get a reconciliation. Now it would appear that there are a good many people out here with the same plight, and if all of them filed at complaint at about the same time I suspect eyes will open.
Another thing you can do is to gain a judgement against said parties plus all fees incured. I live in Indiana, and I'm allowed to sue at three times the loss plus all fees incured. The other party dosn't have to be present for this to happen by the way. Then you have a judgement against him. If you had two dozen of the judgements against him the boy would be in deep shit. One judgement and a letter from your AG will usually get the other state's attention. A dozen of these letters and they'll at least put him out of business. Then with the judgement I'd go after him vis the postal branch (assuming you mailed him the payment).
gary
Gary

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "What needs to be done.....from his home state." - l1945@sbcglobal.net 07:47:43 07/22/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.