Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Larry Moore of Ultra Fi

I contacted Larry Moore of Ultra Fi about getting a demo on his Musicstream DAC after hearing some good things about it. We arranged that I would purchase it with a 15 day return policy. I got the DAC in February 09. Right away it was distorted and something was wrong. I contacted Larry and he had me send it back, he fixed it and sent it back. I got it on 2/28/09. A week later I contacted Larry and told him I didn't think it was going to work in my system, it lacked drive. He told me my preamp (Ayre K1x) was a bad design and that I need a different preamp to suit his DAC. I told him I wasn't doing that. He suggested to let the unit break in more and try some other power cords with it. I did that and contacted him a week later on 3/14 and told him I wanted to return it and get my money back. He simply replied the trial period is over and that he would not allow me to return the unit. He has never responded to another email since.

So I called his phone number. A guy who sounded just like Larry answered and claimed to be his brother. He knew all about the situation. He told me Larry was in South America and could not be reached and would not be back for a long time, he said the phones and internet connections down there are very sketchy and he can't be contacted. He also told me Larry does not care one bit about his business and only does it for fun.

So I somehow found out that Eric Heider was involved in marketing for Ultra Fi and I got ahold of him. He claimed to have no real power to get my money returned but would talk to Larry. Well Larry won't budge on this. I even emailed Eric the emails Larry and I had and you can clearly see that I did not go over the 15 days we agreed on. Eric also tried to cover up the lie I was told about Larry being in South America. They said his brother was confused, Larry was actually only in South Lebanon on a bike ride that day, not South America????

So we are all they way up to the middle of April and I still have not been able to even rationally discuss this with Larry. I'm stuck with a 3500.00 DAC that I can't use.

Watch out and avoid Dealing with Larry Moore, he is a shady guy.

Sincerly, Ryan Stratton

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Larry Moore of Ultra Fi - ejlif 07:55:14 04/18/09 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.