Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

This is a common scam. I have seen it in newspapers, Ebay, etc.

Next comes a bogus cashier's check and the request to return excess money by Western Union.

I once agreed to take the cashier's check, but on receipt just to check it out deposited it. It was returned two weeks later as bad. I told the guy after a week that I would send the excess funds, but didn't. A week later he emailed that he hadn't received them, I said that I had sent them but would check if they were actually sent. Later I said there was no way to check. A week later he emailed that he still had not received them. I said there was nothing I could do and perhaps they were slow in getting there. A week later he again said that he had not received the money. I responded that indeed, I was stealing all his money and had sent nothing. He raged threatening me with Voodoo. Later when the forged check had been returned, I wrote to tell him how disappointed I was with him being a crook. He did not respond.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.