Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Is this email from "Paypal" legit??

I am suspicious......any comments?? When I log into Paypal the usual way I get into my account and it seems fine. I didnt want to click the link on this email that arrived in my bulk folder yesterday and again today. Anyone know if this is a Phishing scam?? If it is its a clever one. TIA.

Subject......User Assistance......from nt-service@paypal.com

Dear member,

PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of buyers and sellers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved. This is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure that your account is not compromised.

We requested information from you for the following reason:

A recent review of your account determined that we require some additional information from you in order to provide you with secure service.

Case ID Number: (deleted)

This is a second reminder to log in to PayPal as soon as possible. Once you log in, you will be provided with a step to restore your account access.We appreciate your understanding as we work to ensure account safety.In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement, your account access will remain limited until the issue has been resolved. Unfortunately, if access to your account remains limited for an extended period of time, it may result in further limitations or eventual account closure. We encourage you to log in to your PayPal account as soon as possible to help avoid this.

Use the link below to access our mainframe database and confirm the information we have on file for your account.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Is this email from "Paypal" legit?? - Sherlock 16:46:02 05/04/05 (11)

You can not post to an archived thread.