Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Seriously

What is there to the dynamics of a transaction beyond the buyer paying as agreed and the seller delivering as promised? That is the transaction, and Ebay's own policy is that the feedback is a voluntary system and as such there is no requirement and there should be no expectations regarding feedback.

Leaving and receiving feedback is NOT a part of the transaction, but is a seperate transaction in itself. If you doubt this, you might want to consult your dictionary or other reference material for confirmation. By all means don't take my word for it.

I guess the consensus amongst sellers is that "leverage to extort feedback" should remain with the sellers regardless of the fact that the buyers are purchasing sight unseen.

I do believe that such sellers should at least include in their terms of sale in their listings a clause such as "We will only leave feedback fro buyers after our feedback has been received" to inform potential bidders of their intentions prior to sale. That is purely a matter of transparency in business: honesty. Additionally, expectations of receiving feedback should be eliminated.

eso

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Seriously - eso 17:38:15 12/04/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.