Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Re: Strongly Disagree

>> So, buy using separate IDs for buying and selling you actively promote dishonesty and lack of
>> tranparency in commerce. What are your ebay IDs so I can steer clear...

Eso:

I thought of several different ways that I could reply, but instead I just want to ask you one question: what PLANET did you say you were from?

What is dishonest about having separate buying and selling IDs? Before you answer, keep in mind that the ONLY reason you create a separate buying ID is so that you don't have to worry about retaliatory feedback from a dishonest or poor service seller. This allows you to "do the right thing" and leave a neutral or negative feedback, when warranted.

The feedback system, as good as it is, has a major flaw, retaliation. Having separate IDs is one way to minimize the flaw. I can understand that you are not happy that you received an unjust negative feedback. It's the perfect example of why people should have separate IDs if they do both buying and selling. FYI, between both of my IDs, I have way over a 400 rating, 100% positive. Most of it from selling expensive three and four digit vintage hi-fi components and tubes.

Gerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.