Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: When you get "Serious" about building SE amplifiers you get ones of these

For a hobby Chinese products are a real budget savers.
You can find on this device here:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/xjw01-auto-lcr-meter-review-($120-bench-top-lcr-meter)/

Additionally, there are positive feedback posts on Russian DIY forums.

PS. I'm dealing quite a lot with Chinese parts, hardware and machinery. While they may cost much less then comparable from USA, EU or Japan manufacturers, these cost savings often come with questionable precision, awkward workarounds and hackwork, buggy software. Not always, but quite often.

For example, I have Atten oscilloscope with large screen which was great for its cost (at least on paper) and comparable to Agilent at one third of the price.

It arrived in time and it works. However:

1) It's input amplifier have poor signal/noise ratio compared to Pro counterparts. Still OK because I have relatively high signal levels.

2) Software is buggy, when one try to write readings on USB memory stick, it may do so, and may not, only god knows why. Manufacturer agreed to reflash software free o charge, but request to send oscilloscope back to China, for shipping and customs at my expense both ways. It doesn't make any sense, however.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.