Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: How reliable have your SET or SE tube amps been?

Well there is always the Ongaku - tubes exposed - but you might need to win a lottery.

I am excited to see and hear their new entry level Cobra amplifier for $3000 or so. It's not a SET I don't think - it is class A and 25 watts and will use the C-Core outputs - comes with remote control and a built in DAC. It seems like a lot for a little but the tubes are exposed!!!

My sights are pretty much on the Empress Silver 2A3 at the moment. I like them a LOT every single time I hear them. But preamp is my next move.
M3 phono or M6 line and worry about the phono stage later (maybe an M1 or M2 phono stage (but more boxes in my already stuffed HK apartment). So the M3 is kind of the front runner for a complete package. But I wish there were still a sig version or something to get the C-Core and black gates - but I guess that would make it an M6 now wouldn't it.

Edits: 04/15/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How reliable have your SET or SE tube amps been? - RGA 08:48:29 04/15/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.