Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: RAPHAELITE Sinovt 2A3-845 MonoBlock acting up

When you say "now they are not working right..." do you mean that they did until recently?

You said the fuse-blowing amp sort of worked at 80vAC - I assume this was the power input from a variac? And it was designed for 110 volts. Presumably it blows fuses at 120v or whatever you have. Does it blow fuses at 110v input? Are you using slow-blow fuses or fast-blow?

Without a schematic, I have no way to evaluate the voltages, except for the 2A3. It seems to be cathode biased, so the filament voltage will be that between pins 1 and 4 (the slightly larger ones). At 80vAC power line, the 2A3 voltages indicate the standard operating point from the RCA manual. It is disturbing to see such a close match with the specification, given that the input voltage was only 73% of the presumed design target.

I see no point in addressing the distorting amp until the fuse-blowing amp is functional. Only then can we compare voltages between the two amps, which might enable a diagnosis.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.