Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

12P17L Linestage

With the assistance of Kevin Carter at K&K Audio I have built a linestage using the 12P17L indirectly heated pentode connected in triode. Since starting this project Kevin has an updated circuit board that combines several individual boards that I used into one. The 12P17L is cousin to the 4P1L which is a directly heated pentode. Chassis is comprised of .125" aluminum plate, perforated steel with 1/4" holes and 7/8" mesquite from a tree that once resided in my front yard. Components are mounted on a mid-plate with cut-outs beneath the circuit boards to allow access to both sides. Control knobs are ebony and the feet are cocobolo. Picture of the inside of the chassis shows the wiring completed with the exception of four wires that were soldered in the day after the picture was taken
After three weeks I think the unit is burned in. Soundstage is deep and wide with individual players assuming places within the room. Clarity allows you to follow the different lines of each musician within the space easily. Detailed without sounding analytical.
Contact Kevin at K&K Audio on details of pricing and the new circuit boards to build this very sweet linestage.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - 12P17L Linestage - big muck 19:49:37 03/20/16 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.