Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

another trailer park solution from jeff

man, cheap $600 per thousand bricks from Lowes just don't make things sing. If you want to hear what your system is really capable of, you got to loose some real pocket change. Try some Glen-Gery 53DD or a Belden Medium Iron Spot. I have heard amazing resolution with Acme Ranger Red, really hits it out of the park. But as with caps, one size ain't fit all. You have got to mix, match, and carefully listen. Come back to us when you have really optimized things, in about a decade or two. Don't forget to experiment with position and directionality. Do not assume the soldier position is best just because it is easiest to fit on your amps. You have got to try sailors, rowlocks, stretchers and headers as well. As with transformers, do not align all of them; you need to rotate the adjacent ones. Once you have determined the position, you need to ABX each bricks direction. Flip each brick, one-by-one, end-to-end, and the, and top-to-bottom, until you have obtained the absolute perfect implementation. Don't stop with amps, more is always better. Move on to pre-amps, sources (I can see you balancing one on the TT spindle), and ultimately the speakers. Come to think about it, by the time your finished, perhaps we won't hear from you for forty years. Oh well, I will just have to wait.
"Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra.

Cpwill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • another trailer park solution from jeff - Cpwill 05:51:01 01/22/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.