Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: set amplifiers... Just pondering ideas on class a tube amps that are

Never heard of altec unless this is the company that parted with jbl some years back. Did a search and not much, I thank you for your well written and informative explanation on the 45 and 2a tubes and associated requirements.
Speaking of horns I personally dont care for Avantguards horns, looked like big tomato plants to me being driven by Gamut front end at a Chicago Dealers soundroom years ago, didnt listen long.

lm sure theyre a fine speaker just not for me.

Anyhow Im not really in the market for speakers at the moment, but would consider inexpensive pair of quality, high sensitivity speakers for low powered class a tube amps just for curiosity.

However.....the after hours session, at the same aforementioned dealers, listenig to Duke Ellington on vinyl with Art Audio amplifier, preamp and vinyl one phono through Zingali single driver wood horn loaded? speakers much like Tannoys coencentric speakers was spooky real, en epiphany moment, never forgot that, hence my quandry.

If I ever looked for speakers that have those 100 db requirements about all I know of are Klipchhorns or big Tannoys of course horn loaded per your suggestion. Anyhow great input and Im learning.

Thanks again for taking the time...

Regards,
/// Tim W. ///

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.