Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: thanks....

As a long time SET user I enjoyed hearing several SET amps with good speaker choices. I felt the Vaughn room was sublime with flowing emotion laden music. The music was detailed but never etched. The imaging was appropriate and the soundstage deep. Mr. Rankin and Mr.Vaughn answered all questions. A wonderful room.

I am a long time reader of the forum and because of it, I use a PX-25 amp, a 45 amp, and a 845 amp. My speakers are modified Klipschs, Great Plains 604 alnicos, and the Terresonic Magnus.

I hope all readers of this forum find a combination of speakers and amps that add meaningful enrichment to their lives.

I did visit the Serios Stereo room on Saturday and had a nice conversation with Brian. We were the only ones in the room. I do enjoy classic country as I grew up in Dallas, Texas and was feed a diet of country music listening to the all night "Bill Mack" Trucker Show on clear channel 820 am.

Listening to this room was for me no better than the AM radio of old. The bass was boomy, the mid range was grainy and the imagining was poor. I felt I has listening to a 1960 transistor radio. The music was loud and reminded me of the music played at the long gone Long Horn Ball Room in Dallas

I am glad Jeff was found an amp- speaker combination that is satisfying.

For me this room did not have a positive effect.

David Pritchard

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: thanks.... - David Pritchard 12:32:28 10/10/15 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.