Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I'm tired of people running down Audio Note (UK)

With these sorts of discussions - as an outsider of design - I like to see discussions that talk about specific things rather than general broadside attacks on AN.

For instance when I have to buy new 15 inch tires for my car - All the tires are made from rubber - so I, as an outsider, have to rely on reviews or experts when they tell me that this Firestone is better than that Michelin.

SO here is what I would like from SV-572

I want him to choose a specific C-Core at a specific value from Audio Note and then compare that transformer to a specific model made from someone else of the identical value and cut them both open and tell me what specifically makes the contender better than the equivalent AN transformer.

AN makes several preamps that are the exact same design - the difference is in parts quality - and the sound quality jump is pretty massive to a decent ear. So the question would be to SV-572 would I get the exact same quality of sound jump by buying a transformer from SV-572. And wouldn't the onus then be on SV-572 to prove that?

All you need to do is get an AN Kit - and stick a bunch of transformers in them and see how they compare to the one that AN makes and supplies with the Kits.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.