Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: my first 845 set amplifier is shipping this week ...

Good advice, Ill take it. Sometimes the excitement of aquirring new gear in this hobby create impulsive questions reaching for all the right answers, especially in unfamiliar ground.
Much like the knowledgeable Morricab states below I don't want to make a bad judgement call based off of my lack of experiences with SET amplifiers and tubes. Or by unknowingly choosing a bad product not displaying the best virtues of a given topology.

I have limited experiance rolling tubes in my tuner, Kora Hermes dac and various phono stages to positive results. That being said I still rely heavily on the forum members here for real world experiences, Lord knows ours is a rare hobby. Hence my vague post.

Thanks for slowing me down, Ill relax and enjoy Johnny Hartmans music along with Tom Waits "closing time" Bill Frisell on vinyl... cant wait.

Thanks for your much needed voice of reason.

Best...
Regards,
/// Tim W. ///

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: my first 845 set amplifier is shipping this week ... - timothywas1@comcast.net 07:16:05 09/01/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.