Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

my first 845 set amplifier is shipping this week ...

I will be driving a pair of Verity Leonores along with a Conrad Johnson met 1 preamp. With this amplifier is it important to roll the 845s, 12ax7s or the 6sn7 tube.
Fwiw Im fairly new to tubes not to mention set 845 amplifiers. I will be using this setup in a seperate setting away from my hometheatre setup. Also any suggestions on where to buy tubes

Its been awhile since ive been here posting and any insights and sharing of your related experiences and thoughts will be of great value.

The amplifier I chose to test these waters is a relatively inexpensive Dared VP 845,I had Joe add a bypass on the 4th input to bypass alps potentiometer. As well as add xo auricaps in the 4 coupling areas. If I fall for set sound I may move up the set amplifier scale, Im just easing the financial commitment of the Verity purchase at this juncture.

Open to any comments both good and bad. Oh jbtway I do have Plinius SA 102s amoung others, just wondering if this is a lateral move soundwise?

Thanks to any and all in advance...

Tim...
Regards,
/// Tim W. ///

Edits: 08/30/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - my first 845 set amplifier is shipping this week ... - timothywas1@comcast.net 06:05:17 08/30/15 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.