Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I'm Tired! But It Is Weekend Soon.

Thanks for the most enlightening and reasonable discussion. Thanks for taking the time for such a reply as well as the apology.

I would be my pleasure if we can meet at the show in October (that is the one you mean, right?). I will have some of my hifi friends along as well, one of which is a Dutch guy who is a most sensitive listener.

Just so your realize, I am not taking all the claims of this other vendor at face value, which is why I have been asking a lot of questions. It does seem good but I don't have any particular reason to trust them even though they do see pretty knowledgeable and claim to have been doing this for a long time as well. I haven't bought from them yet because without a strong reputation I have to buy purely as an experiment...a somewhat expensive experiment, IMO.

Alas, experience is not everything...some talent and sensitivity for what one is doing is definitely required to get the best out of something.

I have a faster car as well, a Lotus Europa S (Lotus only made about 500 of them) to be more exact. Not a rocketship but wonderful through the twisty Swiss mountain passes.

I don't know what to tell you regarding your speakers...I simply have yet to hear them inspire me in the same way as when I heard my first electrostatic speaker or a really top notch horn. I remember a show when I first heard the Apogee Grand in 1993 in Chicago. I was gobsmacked. Later I heard STAX ELSF81s and was gobsmacked. Many years later I heard a pair of Odeon No. 32 with an all Einstein setup and my friend who was with me was utterly gobsmacked and I was mildly so...now having been exposed to much higher end gear it was a milder effect than the first such experiences. Now I have Odeon horns and they are really darn good.

So, if you are at the show in October then I would like to have that beer and you can maybe even hear my humble system if you want (I live only about 300 meters from the Movenpick Hotel where the show will be).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.