Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: May I express my dismay

If it's played back on Audio Note CD players - then yes. And Audio Note and Peter Qvortrup are making those comments based on their "playback" systems comparing the playback of CD through their rigs against the best competition of hi res digital and SACD.

Is it technologically the best format according to measured response? No - but as noted what is technologically the best on the measurements test doesn't mean it provides the best end result. As note SET is technically the worst, Non Oversampling CD players are technically worse than oversampling CD players, etc etc and yet the listening sessions say otherwise. People tend to go from SS to tube. I grew up on CD and moved to vinyl. Although good CD is enjoyable.

I have a pretty excellent computer audio player in the Line Magnetic 502CA and I have plenty of hi res FLAC and other recordings - And it does sound good. But I'd rather listen to them through an AN DAC 3.1 or better still vinyl.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.