Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

May I express my dismay

at the following quote from the AN UK website dated 2012/1/17,

>"Whilst the rest of the audiophile world continues it delusional and ultimately doomed love affair with the currently fashionable crop of what claim to be 'high resolution' computer sources, we at Audio Note (UK) continue to extract even greater degrees of information and quality from Red Book CD, which is still the best, currently available digital music format."

What a load of hooey. This pitch can only work on someone who has not heard hi-res albums.

How about this one from the ANK kits site,

>"Audio Note DAC's support Redbook 16/44 and 24/96 recordings but no higher. The reason is that you can't implement resistor ladder dac with higher level resolution due to the resistor ladder implementation - its been proven that the higher level resolution does not bring anything to the table when it comes to digital audio."

I won't even get into the proven thing, but it certainly brings higher resolution to the table. The superiority of 24/192 over 16/44 and 24/96 is obvious. At least as microdetail goes. It doesn't have to be a killer that your dac can only do 18 bits, but to shoot lines of crap like that. It doesn't build confidence. Yes I know they have new dacs on the way. It still doesn't change what they wrote.

Want to bet that when they release a 20bit 192khz ladder dac they will shoot you a new line? I hope it's not as full of crap as the above two.

------------------------------------------------------------
Big speakers and little amps blew my mind!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.