Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: I'm tired of people running down Audio Note (UK)

I didn't read all the answers here but i wanted to give my view about AN.

I do make audiotransformers for my hobby for more then 20y.

I measered an AN trans former (EI core) and it is a really nice transformer but it has high copper loss and because the standerd EI also high core loss.
Nothing wrong here and i could imagine that there c-cores are a bit better.

But..... AN has NO realistic price for there c-core line. The prices are redicules high. It is advertising power talk what they use for the "quality" of the core they use and also for the silver wires they use. Beside that, the best cores available they don't use .
A super HiB core is just some dollars higher in price then a normer c-core and maybe the double price of an EI core and the price of silver... Well, everybody can look at the international pricelist for gold and silver what a realistic price would be. Making a wire is not so expensive....

So i can imagine that people get angrey about there policy..... " Quality" for foolish prices.

(and what quality they deliver? No datasheets at all, so no proof at all....yes, we need proof of quality: bandwith at different exitations, coreloss, copperloss)

Edits: 08/25/15 08/25/15 08/25/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.