Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Anyone upgrade the output transformers on their amps?

I am not a huge fan of the Meishu. It's a good 300B amp but I'm not a fan of any 300B amps really - I like what it does well but to me all the ones I've heard (and I've heard the $20k Wavac) don't do it for me. I prefer the OTO even with its limitations. Albeit part of that is the value of the dollar aspect.

The M3 is level 3 and the jump to level 4 (C-Cores) in the M6 is basically a doubling of the price.

I am currently debating the M3 and the M6 with myself - When I get some time I want to A/B them. Forget the Meishu - get the M3 and Empress monoblocks and that combo might be around the same price or less than the top Meishu Silver. The basic Meishu is probably the better deal since it's not like any of the competition is exactly using silver, or black gates in their $8kish amps. And to me this combo is quite a bit better than the Meishu Silver even if you don't get the C-Cores. An Separates tend to sound better anyway - the OTO Sig probably has the separate versions and it doesn't cost all that much more money.

I also wonder about an Black Gate upgraded M3 to move it close to the M6 without the huge transformer costs - An M3 Sig - oh no - I'm suggesting yet another product for Audio Note. LOL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.