Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Nobody here ever said tubes don't need break in. (nt)

"I disagree. THere is a tendency by engineers to oversimplify when things related to human perception are actually quite complicated."

Fine. Then go publish a paper with your finding and prove us all wrong!

Your background is quite impressive as written. However I have a problem with your measurement skills as demonstrated here.

If you do perform scientific measurements as stated, then why do you support the idea if skin effect in audio cables? Ditto that for jitter in DAC circuits. Yes both of the phenomena do exist but countless qualified measurements clearly show the effect is well below established human hearing abilities. Furthermore as I pointed out above, Some of the jitter measurements are below the noise floor of most power amplifiers.

So if you have this deep background in precision measurements, why do you seem to have no comprehension of scale when it comes to electrical measurements.

I think what you are saying is the sensitivity of human hearing is grossly under estimated. Again, do some qualified research based on your credentials and publish your findings in accredited journals subject to peer review.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Nobody here ever said tubes don't need break in. (nt) - gusser 09:58:56 08/24/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.