Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

I'm tired of people running down Audio Note (UK)

I am fortunate to have an Audio Note (UK) dealer in Copenhagen. At first, I was hesitant to even go in the place because of what I had read about AN gear being over-priced.

What I was surprised to learn was that AN made a lot of reasonably-priced equipment that sounded a lot better than anything I had ever owned up to that time (about 15 years ago). I ended up taking home a P-1 SE power amplifier.

Since that day, I have owned an Audio Note Meishu Silver (used), two different AN CDP models, a pair of AN-K Spe speakers, a Conqueror Silver, and a bunch of their Lexus ICs and speaker cables. In the process, I have also auditioned virtually all of their Level 0, 1 and 3 (is there a Level 2?) Dacs and amplifiers- both SE and PP. (Yes, AN makes a Class A PP power amp, the P-2 and integrated, Soro).

I'd also like to add that, as long as you are careful, you don't have to have an all-Audio Note system to get the best (to my ears) out of Audio Note amplifiers, speakers, digital front ends.

I would like to hear from others who have had the same experience as I have. I'm tired of people bashing AN for the prices of their Level 5 products, without any knowledge of their less expensive gear.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - I'm tired of people running down Audio Note (UK) - Frihed89 00:18:50 08/22/15 (102)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.